Share This Article
Cloud computing continues to grow globally because of its agile, elastic, and scalable nature. As per Gartner, the end-user spending on public cloud services worldwide is forecast to reach $591.8 billion in 2023 and is showing very few signs of slowing down.
In today’s date, the cloud is pretty much everywhere. It has even become an integral part of software testing and helps us keep track of those pesky bugs and issues. Companies are increasingly turning to cloud testing tools to ensure their apps and services on cloud platforms are secure and dependable.
In the fast-paced tech world, these cloud testing tools have become a game-changer for software development teams. It allows developers to check how their apps are doing while they’re still being built. It’s like getting instant feedback and a performance report card.
What is Cloud-Based Testing?
Cloud testing is a process that involves utilizing the cloud computing resources offered by a third-party service provider for testing software applications. This testing can encompass a variety of aspects, including the examination of cloud-based resources like architecture and cloud-native software-as-a-service (SaaS) offerings, as well as the incorporation of cloud tools as a component of a quality assurance (QA) strategy.
Cloud testing provides significant advantages to organizations in several ways. When evaluating cloud resources, it ensures the optimal performance, availability, and security of data while minimizing downtime for the associated infrastructure or platform.
For organizations assessing cloud-based SaaS products, cloud testing plays a crucial role in verifying the proper functioning of applications. For those testing different types of applications, using cloud-based testing tools rather than on-premises QA tools can lead to cost savings and enhanced collaboration within QA teams.
How to Select the Best Cloud Testing Tools?
Here is a concise overview of the primary selection and evaluation criteria that one can use to make the decision.
The user interface (UI) and graphical design represent the initial interaction point for users when they engage with an application. Therefore, a well-designed UI should not only inspire usage but also facilitate effortless navigation and the discovery of relevant features.
Ease of use and the ability to effectively interact with a tool to achieve defined objectives are fundamental factors in ensuring customer satisfaction. Regardless of how advanced a product may be, customers should find it relatively straightforward to use.
Within the cloud computing ecosystem, software integrations serve as the lifeblood that extends an application’s capabilities, power, and functionality. In all likelihood, you will want to integrate your cloud testing tool with bug tracking, task management, and collaboration software. The more robust a testing tool’s APIs and integration options, the more versatile and valuable it becomes.
Pricing is critical for customers. Cloud products predominantly employ Software as a Service (SaaS) pricing models. SaaS typically involves a subscription-based, pay-as-you-go payment system, and customers are sensitive to cost considerations.
Now that you have a fair understanding of how to choose the best cloud-based testing tool for your organization let’s delve into the top tools available in the market to choose from.
The Best Cloud-Based Testing Tools
Let’s take a closer look at the top cloud-based testing tools present in the market and discover how they can empower developers and testers to achieve excellence in software quality.
TestGrid is a software testing platform that provides a seamless testing experience. It has emerged as a cutting-edge solution with its incredible features, redefining the way we approach automated testing. With TestGrid, you gain immediate access to a world of possibilities that can transform your testing process into an efficient and cost-effective journey. TestGrid simplifies and supercharges your testing process for top-notch software quality.
- With 24x7x365 access, you can test on real-time devices globally, from anywhere
- No installations are needed – just sign in and start testing
- The cloud architecture offers instant scalability for your testing needs
- Guarantees ultra-stable testing environments
- Test on multiple devices simultaneously for maximum test coverage.
- No initial time or money investment – all essential test environments are ready to use
- Get the flexibility to add or remove devices as and when you need
- Lets you perform cross-browser testing and API testing and derive performance metrics
- Easy-to-understand documentation and complete video presentation available for each feature
- Conduct comprehensive mobile or web application testing
CloudTest, developed by SOASTA, is a cloud-based software testing solution tailored for conducting load and performance assessments on both web and mobile applications. It offers the flexibility to be hosted on physical servers or in the cloud environment.
- It integrates easily with Jenkins, Travis CI, CircleCI, VMware, and other tools
- Simplifies the testing process with its Visual Playback Editor and Visual Test Creation.
- Provides real-time feedback and insights that allow you to increase or decrease the load while testing
- Leverages cloud providers such as AWS and Rackspace to replicate traffic patterns.
It is a user-friendly and cost-effective cloud-based platform used for mobile testing. It is preferred by users since it accelerates the testing process and facilitates continuous delivery.
- Provides instant access to all the real devices you need
- Offers a secure and scalable device lab
- Its AI engine allows faster script execution and has self-healing capabilities
- Easily integrates with all the tools you use, like Jira, Jenkins, or CircleCi
- Its no-code test automation features allow even testers with no programming experience to use it easily
BlazeMeter specializes in performance and load testing for mobile apps, websites, and APIs. BlazeMeter provides the features to schedule and run tests at a later time. It is used to test and monitor CI/CD pipelines.
- It is an open-source tool and easily accessible
- Comes with features of comprehensive support, robust reporting, and enterprise enhancements.
- Tailored for agile teams, providing real-time reporting and comprehensive analytics.
- Integrates with CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Facilitates continuous integration
It is a widely recognized cloud-based codeless platform for testing web and mobile applications. It is known for its ease of use and multi-programming language support. TestSigma offers AI-driven test automation features that accelerate your testing process.
- It provides multi-language support and offers cross-platform compatibility
- It integrates with well-known tools like Jenkins, JIra, Trello, and BrowserStack
- Even testers without coding experience can use it to perform tests
- It provides excellent reporting features that gives detailed insights into applications
- Provides cross-browser testing of applications
As you explore these cloud testing tools, remember that the right choice can significantly impact your software’s success. To experience seamless and efficient cloud testing, consider TestGrid, which is relied upon by organizations worldwide.
With TestGrid and its codeless test automation features, you’ll gain unparalleled flexibility, scalability, and reliability in your testing process. Try TestGrid today and elevate your software testing to new heights. Your path to top-notch software quality starts here.